Alugadda Tomato Kura
April 21, 2015
Serving size of Alugadda tomato kura (Potato tomato curry): 4
Ingredients for Alugadda tomato kura
Alugadda – ½ kg
Tomato – ¼ kg.
Green Chilli – 3
Onion – 1 medium
Garlic – 4-5 cloves
Jeera – 1 tbsp
Mustard – ¼ tbsp
Salt – To taste
Chilli powder – As per your requirement
Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp
Coriander powder – ½ tbsp
Curry leaves – 2 leaf lets
Pulses (popu ginjalu) – 1 tbsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Directions for making Alugadda Tomato Kura
- The first step in making a tasty potato tomato curry is to peel the potatoes and wash them.
- Then wash the tomatoes, onion and green chilli as well
- Cut each potato into small pieces (small enough to cook easily), then cut the tomatoes, onions and green chillies into small pieces.
- Take a utensil and pour 3 table spoons of oil into it, let the oil heat
- After the oil heats, put some curry leaves, slightly smashed garlic cloves, ½ tbsp of jeera, ½ tbsp of mustard and 1 table spoon of pulses mixture into the heated oil, let them fry for half a minute.
- After that, put the sliced onion and green chilli into the already fried mixture in the utensil and let the onion fry until they become slight red in color.
- Then put the already cut potato pieces and let them cook for ten minutes and add the tomatoes at the end.
- Once the potato pieces and tomatoes are done, add required amount of salt and red chilli powder, ½ table spoon of coriander powder and mix everything properly.
- Then, put the stove the simmer position and let it cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
- The tasty Potato tomato curry is ready to be served.
Notes: Alugadda tomato curry is served with rice during lunch or dinner and also with chapatti.
About : Potato is the vegetable which consists of carbohydrates.
Related recipes you might be interested
,Meal / course