August 25, 2015
Alugadda Pachadi (Potato Pickle)
Serving size of alugadda pachadi : Serves Few
Ingredients to make alugadda pachadi
Potatoes – 4
Tamarind – 150 gms
Garlic – 2 full
Jeera – 1 tbsp
Mustard – 1 tbsp
Chili powder – 2 tbsp
Fenugreek powder – 2 tbsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tbsp
Dry red chillies – 4
Pulses (Popuginjalu) – 1 tbsp
Curry leaves – 2 leaf lets
Salt – required amount
Oil – 100 gms
Directions to make alugadda pachadi:
- First take the four potatoes, wash them cleanly and wipe them with a dry cloth.
- Cut the potatoes into pieces without peeling them and let them dry for some time.
- Then take the tamarind and clean it.
- After the potato pieces are dried transfer them to a jar.
- Now, add some salt, chili powder, turmeric powder, garlic cloves, oil, and mix them thoroughly.
- At last put the tamarind in the mixture of the potato pieces, cover the lid and keep it aside for 3 days.
- Then open the lid and squeeze the tamarind onto the potato pieces and throw the pulp and mix it thoroughly.
- Take a small bowl and pour 3 tbsps of oil into it, let the oil heat for a minute.
- Add dry red chilies, mustard, jeera, pulses, garlic cloves, fenugreek powder, curry leaves, and fry them for one to two minutes and allow the mixture to cool down.
- Then add the mixture to the potato pieces and mix them.
- Your tasty alugadda pickle is ready to be served.
Note: Alugadda pickle can be had with lunch, dinner and breakfast, especially in combination with rice.
About: Potato is a commonly used for preparing variety of recipes and snacks. It is very rich in starch which give strength to our body. This vegetable is also widely available at affordable price in all places.
Related recipes you might be interested
,Meal / course