Udakapettina Alugadda boiled curry or Potato curry Andhra style
May 3, 2015
Serving size of Udakapettina alugadda curry :3
Ingredients for Udakapettina alugadda curry
Potato – ¼ kg
Onion – 2
Green chili – 4
Jeera – ½ tbsp
Mustard – ¼ tbsp
Oil – 3 tbsp
Salt – To taste
Curry leaves – 2 twigs
Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
Dry red chili – 2
Red chili powder – 1 tbsp
Coriander powder – ½ tbsp
Pulses (Popuginjalu) – 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp
Garlic cloves – 5
Directions to prepare the famous boiled alugadda curry:
- The first step in making Udakapettina alugadda curry is to take potatoes and boil them.
- After the potatoes are boiled, peel them off.
- Then cut the peeled potatoes into pieces.
- Then take two onions and four green chilies, wash them and cut them into long and thin pieces.
- Take a utensil and pour required amount of oil into it. Let the oil heat.
- After the oil is heated enough add the c of pulses, ½ tbsp of jeera, ¼ tbsp of mustard, 5 smashed garlic cloves, curry leaves, dry red chili and fry for half a minute.
- After this, add the cut onion and green chili pieces into the utensil and let them fry for one minute and add turmeric powder.
- After the onions are fried properly, add the pieces of boiled potato.
- Then mix everything properly and add salt, red chili powder and coriander powder, mix again and cook for one more minutes in simmer position and add the coriander leaves at the end.
- The famous boiled alugadda curry is ready to be consumed for loads of energy.
Note: Boiled alugadda curry is very famous in Andhra region and is very easy and simple to cook. It is mostly eaten with rice as usual and can also be consumed with chapatti.
About: Potato is the vegetable which is rich in carbohydrates. It is a vegetable from root family and is not very famous with diabetic patients because of its high starch content.
Related recipes you might be interested